I’ve been debating about posting this for a couple of days. I’m torn between loving the fact that someone actually sent me a bloggy award, and hating it because it’s basically the blog world’s version of annoying chain mail. Hubris won out in the end, so I’m gonna go ahead and do it. I reserve my right to turn down future awards though, so don’t get any smart ideas! :P
So anyway, here are the rules:
✿♡✿The Versatile Blogger Rules:
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it... or not.
This award came from my friend Karen at Solodialogue, Thanks Karen!! :)
7 random facts about me:
- If you ever go with me to Toys “R” Us you will may leave completely embarassed, as I act like a 5 year old, try out half of the toys, and do obnoxious things like singing at the top of my lungs.
- In the winter I often go weeks at a time without leaving my house.
- I like to eat pickles and ice cream in the same meal, even though I’ve never been pregnant. I also regularly drink pickle juice and tuna juice. It’s okay, though, cuz I have to drink over a gallon of water most days anyway.
- I like washing dishes and folding laundry when I’m at someone else’s house (and have company) but I really really hate doing my own.
- I’m on the phone with a friend right now and he says to say I’m generous :]
- I used to play wheelchair basketball for a men’s Division II NWBA team.
- I was a math prodigy as a kid, took college level Calculus in 3 weeks one summer as a teen.
- My best friend lives over 2000 miles away and I just found out he’s probably gonna get to come visit me this summer, and I’m SO SO SO SO excited I had to add a number 8! :)
15 bloggers!?!? That’s way too many… I’ll see how many I can come up with. I’m trying to avoid people who I know already got the award, so don’t think this is any kind of popularity contest. Also, I could care less whether any of you actually forward this thing or not, but I love the opportunity to share your blogs with others :)
- My cousin-in-law at Vintage Victuals – who makes some incredible food :)
- My friend Jake, who is much cooler than the back-flipping monster truck on his latest post.
- Jake’s wife, at This Crazy Thing Called Life, who is pregnant with twins and is sure to have many cute baby pics coming soon :)
- My sister, at Optomistically Walking IN God’s Sight, who will hopefully start posting more now that she’s gotten an award.
- My friend Josh at Neon Cross who has some incredibly deep and thought-provoking posts.
- Noah’s mommy, at Noah’s Miracle – Noah is one of the cutest kids I’ve ever seen (warning, auto music player)
- My friend John at As it Happens – a new friend that’s definitely a keeper.
- My friend Whitney at Living and loving the mom life who also has adorable kids (there’s a theme here)
Okay I’m gonna stop there cuz the list is getting long enough, I’m sure I’ll think of more I should have added later, but it’s a good start anyway, and maybe I should keep some back in case I do decide to do another one of these silly things :)
4 Responses to I’m a wiener!!
Hubris?! Haha! The best part of a post like this is that you get to share other blogs with people who come to read you!! I’m grateful for the chance to explore new material (when I can get there)! And these are very cool facts about you! Basketball playing, singing, laundry folding math prodigy!! That’s pretty amazing stuff. Lol Tam! :)
You have no idea how well “Basketball playing, singing, laundry folding math prodigy” sums up my personality! lol, thanks again Karen :)
Make that Salsa eating, basketball playing, singing, laundry folding, math prodigy and guinea reader.